Friday, October 26, 2007

It Was a Great Day

Today I went to liturgy. Weekday liturgies can be small. God has blessed our parish greatly with faithful people and usually we have a good crowd, but today it was sparse. There were 2 adults and one teen in the choir, Matushka and her 4 kids, one other mother and her 3 kids and Father serving the liturgy. There were no acolytes or alter servers. No reader really, it was managed by the choir. As sometimes happens a few children got bored and butt scooted around the floor, without pews can be hard to corral.

It was a great day.

As I helped serve the blessed bread to those who had just taken communion, I could see out of the corner of my eye the Icon on the stand that usually sits on a table in the corner of my den. It was in need for today’s service, our parish does not have one.

It was a great day.

There was no sermon, Father had to bring out the bread and wine for the service table himself without help. The reading and music didn’t flow as well as normal, although it was still beautiful. Those who were short handed in the choir were still talented.

It was a great day.

My wife and only child not in school today came close to the end, right before communion was served (no they are not Cradles).

It was a great day.

At the close of the service my all too gracious Spiritual Father chose to sing “Many Years” to someone in honor of it being the name day of their chosen saint, Saint Demetrius. See it was gracious because this person will not be even Christmated till Christmas Day. He is still a catechumen.

I was a great day…

…because I was that Catechumen. If you have a moment today, please ask Saint Demetrius to act as an intercessor for my family and I as many struggles lay ahead.

1 comment:

Priest Raphael said...

Many Years and you have my prayers!

And now that I know, you are Demetrius to me.....a GREAT Saint!