Monday, December 24, 2007

The Nativity & The Hearafter

If you are New Calendar, tomorrow is the Nativity (Or most likely will start at 11pm tonight and conclude with a Midnight Liturgy). If you are Old Calendar, January 7th, 2008.

I suppose should explain Old & New Calendar.. but not sure I'm adequate to the task so I'll direct you here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Old_Calendarists for a place to get started.

Anyway, most Christians will somewhere somehow celebrate The Feast of the Nativity i.e. the Birth or Christ, "Christmas" in the next week or so.

It started me wondering. How do they celebrate the Feast in Heaven?

It's hard to believe that I lost Fr. George (Eternal Memory 11/21/2006) a little over a year ago last November.



I wonder, how will he be Celebrating the Feast? And I wonder, as we commemorate the birth of Our Saviour, how do we remember those who are now with Him? With Him due to His Glorious Incarnation.

Soon we will cry "Christ is Born! Glorify Him"

Merry Christmas where ever you are as you keep the Feast.

Seraphim

No comments: